Sunday, May 31, 2009

Their Dad Would Be So Proud

Loved Ones,

So many times I think to myself how proud Ray would be of our girls. This weekend it was especially so.

The girls ran in "tot trots" and both ran so fast. Nora had her last outdoor soccer game. They were so quiet in church.

I know Ray would have particularly been proud of Nora for a time this weekend that she observed a friend who felt left out and without prompting, went quickly to her aid.

I tell the girls these things as often as I can. As often as it comes to my mind. I know this will teach them more about their dad. The things that he especially cherished. Like kindness.

They've been praying so faithfully for the wife of one of Ray's favorite golfers who was just diagnosed with cancer. They mention her often, and never forget her at night.

This helps me understand God's will for them. The riches of compassion and understanding that they have already from their own experience. The experience from which I prayed they would be spared, but one which will bear fruits in their life that will impact many others.


"Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion." Psalm 103:1-4


not alone and not afraid --

kristin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A friend and I were talking the other day about how our God is the great recycler. He (or She) did not desire for your girls to lose their dad, but will use the experience to grow and make them into even more incredible women. I hope as you continue to remember Ray and help the girls remember you will also see God recycling all that you have walked through.