Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Day

Loved Ones,

In honor of Ray, his mom and sisters and I (and my little Maggie) went to church today for a mass.

The mass included this prayer:

Glorious St. Paul,
Most zealous Apostle,
Martyr for the love of Christ,
Give us a deep faith,
A steadfast hope,
A burning love for our Lord

So that we can proclaim with you
"It is no longer I who live,
But Christ who lives in me."

How truly appropriate a prayer for Ray. One who died to himself, but LIVES ON in Christ.

I am so thankful for his example.

Daily I fail at this endeavor, but I do believe that the answer to fears of cancer, fears of death, fears of loss, is not to say that this will not occur. But rather, to know that it can, and to cling to our hope in Christ. Our hope that Christ has overcome the world.

My husband overcame the world and cancer.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

not alone and not afraid --

kristin

No comments: