Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Better Day

Loved Ones,

Some good news today. Ray's liver counts went down instead of increasing. Praise the Lord!

I asked his doctor to what she attributed the overnight changes. She named a variety of possibilities. I told her that we believe it is the prayers and she said we may be right. To God be the glory!

We pray for continued improvement in Ray's liver tomorrow. Just processing the chemo and IV nutrition could raise the numbers so it is not a perfect measure. But we pray that his liver status will continue to improve.

Ray is fighting hard and had a tiring day. Due to all of the IV fluids he has retained a lot of fluid in his abdomen. That was making it more difficult to breathe today. We have addressed that with some medicines, and he will have another procedure to drain some fluid.

For now he has oxygen to help him breathe and we pray that this continues to do the trick.

The chemo will run for five days so Ray will be tired during that time. We are doing our best to adress Ray's symptoms to make him comfortable while he fights the fight.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers for Ray and for our family.

"But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall" Malach 4:2

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was walking home from the EL today and listening to my iPod, I ran across a song by Ricky Skaggs that I had forgotten about. I immediately thought of you Ray, and the struggle you are in. It's called "Lead Me to the Rock" based upon Psalm 61:2.

Let me share it with you as I turned it into a prayer for you.

http://www.birkeyblog.com/media/lead-me-to-the-rock.mp3