Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Full of Strength

Loved Ones,

Again, a good day. Nora's soccer game. Visiting Ray's mom. A special dinner with friends.

While Ray was resting in a quieter period of the day, I took Lucy for a run. Though I most often find myself too busy to run, it is such a good quiet time for reflection. And, I find God's strength and assurance is often the top of my mind while running. No wonder they say it is good for you.

Today this verse came to mind:
"The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it" Psalm 24:1

Verses like this have new meaning as we learn the meaning of true submission to God's will.

When I returned home and looked this verse up, later verses of the same Psalm reminded me of why and how this trust is possible. And life giving:

"Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty— he is the King of glory. " Psalm 24: 8-10

Tonight we pray for the healing power of the King of glory to be on Ray.

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray