It was a harder day. We did get to the local hospital for the fluid drain. Thankfully! They took out almost 5 liters. We are so relieved that we weren't waiting through the weekend as it was already impacting Ray's breathing.
Ray's had a hard day of symptoms with the beginnings of mouth sores and more vomiting. We're connecting with his doctor to see if it might be time for the 5FU pump to conclude this round. We'd been told that as symptoms worsened that would be discontinued. So we pray that we can reach his doctor and that if that is a next step, the logistics with home health would work out.
We did have one bright spot today as labs from yesterday showed Ray's liver numbers going down a little bit, for which we are thankful.
We pray tonight for encouragement for Ray and for strength. This is so hard! We pray for God's mighty hand to sustain Ray in every way -- emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually.
We pray that the symptoms would alleviate so that Ray can have a restful weekend. And we pray without ceasing for God to deliver Ray from this illness.
"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12
not alone and not afraid --
kristin and ray