Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Better Day

Loved Ones,

With great joy I write that title! It was a little better day. Stable, no downturns. And, with no clinic visit, Ray was able to rest and come downstairs for a little bit.

With my folks and Ray's sister at home with Ray, the girls and I even went to the library to stock up on reading material which will come in handy during the coming snowstorm.

We are weighing whether to have another fluid drain procedure tomorrow or wait until Monday. We are working on scheduling this and on determining if there is a better way to handle the fluid rather than constantly doing this procedure.

We are so gladdened by a stable day. We know it is because of your prayers. We thank God for this answer to prayer and we pray that he continues his healing work in Ray.

As I rocked Lucy to sleep tonight I sang a song we had in our wedding. As I sang the last verse I thought it captured our thoughts and hopes tonight.

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth

Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!

Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray

No comments: