Friday, January 16, 2009

Back in the Hospital

Loved Ones,

We are back in the hospital tonight. Ray had a terrible night of vomiting last night and we came in right away this morning to try to get the vomiting under control.

They are trying new medicines and doing a variety of tests to check the new chemo's effectiveness and see if they can determine a cause for the vomiting. We are praying that the chemo has been effective and that they will be able to relieve the vomiting.

Ray is so sick and so we are relieved to be under the constant monitoring of doctors here in the hospital.

We pray for rest tonight, for relief from the vomiting, for wisdom for the doctors and for freedom from fear and anxiety. We always pray with hope for God to intervene and heal our Ray.

"In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me,for you are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and the cruel men. For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth my mother's womb; I will ever praise you. Be not far from me, O God; come quickly, O my God, to help me." Psalm 71:1-6,12

not alone and not afraid
--kristin and ray