Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday Prayers

Loved Ones,

Wow! This is strong chemo! I am so proud of Ray. He is bearing it all so well. But this is hitting him much harder than his other chemo.

We started IV fluids tonight because like last night, Ray was able to keep fluids down during the day today but threw up again tonight.

He'll take a liter of fluids tonight and we have a great plan for tomorrow with fluids and meds that will hopefully make a difference.

He's running a slight fever tonight and is very achy. This chemo makes your bones ache. Good grief! We hope this passes quickly. His doctor says probably a few more days before he feels better.

And so, we pray for rest and relief for Ray, from the vomiting, from the aching, from the fullness. We pray that his appetite would soon return and that in the meantime, the fluids will help to keep him strong. We pray for relief from his fever and protection from additional germs -- Lucy looks like she might be coming down with croup. So we pray for her too! Most of all, we beseech our king for healing for our brave Ray!

A friend sent us this passage today. It is long, but I just can't cut anything out.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear?
The Lord is my life's refuge; of whom should I be afraid?
Though an army encamp against me, my heart will not fear;
Though war be waged upon me, even then will I trust.
One thing I ask of the Lord; this I seek:
To dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
That I may gaze on the loveliness of the Lord and contemplate his temple.
For he will hide me in his abode in the day of trouble;
He will conceal me in the shelter of his tent,
he will set me high upon a rock.
Even now my head is held high above my enemies on every side.
And I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of gladness;
I will sing and chant praise to the Lord.
Hear, O Lord, the sound of my call; have pity on me, and answer me.
Of you my heart speaks; you my glance seeks; your presence, O Lord, I seek."

Psalm 27:1,3-7

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray

No comments: