Monday, December 15, 2008

Blessed and Lucky

Loved Ones,

Ray and I were opening letters and cards last night and one in particular was very touching, a family member that really hoped to lighten our load. Ray was so touched by the card and he said to me, "We are so lucky to have such incredible family and friends." Amen to that! We are both so grateful for the love, kindness, compassion and generosity of our friends and family.

However, I mention this story because it is noteworthy to me. That at this time, with all these obstacles, Ray's first thought is gratitude. As I have always known, he is a remarkable person.

Today was a harder day. We were so excited by an uptick in Ray's eating only to be disappointed by nausea and vomiting. And, difficulties with Ray's IV line caused momentary panic that was quickly resolved, but nonetheless stressful. We adored watching Maggie's Christmas pageant, but we missed Ray who wasn't up to the trip.

However, we are thankful for our video recorder, the constant aid of our family and friends, and God's mercies new every morning. What a comforting thought for tonight.

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray

No comments: