Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Message from Ray

Loved ones,

This is Ray, I figured it was time to write another email.

First, I am very lucky to have friends and family like you. The cards, the emails, the calls, the visits and, most importantly, the prayers are constant signs of God working to heal me and support us during our battle. We feel very blessed to have you all on our side.

There are definitely ups and downs during this battle. Good news one day can be met with not so good news the next day. But our Faith, our Family and our Friends keep us strong to continue our fight.

I think I have mentioned this before, but one of the postives in this battle has been the precious time spent with our three little girls. I feel it especially at night when we put them to bed. Singing songs with them, reading books, listening to their prayers, listening to them tell us about their day...all so special. And just to watch them as they sleep gives me comfort. I'll pray over them and wonder what the future has in store for them. I sometimes don't even want to leave their room, just sit there and listen to their little breaths. They are so precious.

So we continue to ask for your prayers for healing, for comfort and for strength. We know these prayers are being heard because we can see, and feel, God answering them.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

not alone and not afraid --

ray and kristin