Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday From Ray

Loved ones,

This is Ray. Thank you again for your constant prayers and support, they mean so much to me and my family. We are constantly amazed at how much people are willing to do for us in our time of need. We know God is watching over us and protecting us.

I am doing well this week, my non-chemo week. Last week was a little difficult, lost more weight than I should have and now have to fight to put it back on and get some strength back. It is a constant battle. Today for breakfast I had a 560 calorie breakfast drink, some fruit and a piece of pumpkin bread. As close to a breakfast of champions as I can get. Even after almost 5 months of this, I still find it hard to remember to eat when I don't feel hungry.

Today I was able to talk to some old friends on the phone and we had some friends come over and bring us dinner. Hopefully it wil fatten me up!

I am still responding to the many of you who sent birthday emails. We read through them and enjoyed the funny stories and the reminder that we have a lot of people praying for us.

I think I am over the Sox losing, honestly I was just happy they made it to the playoffs. But that Bears game..ugh.

This passage was sent by a friend of mine.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

not alone and not afraid --

Ray

No comments: