Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Good Day

Loved Ones,

Another good day. Ray recovered from all of yesterday's activities and had a nice visit with his mom and sister.

Our culinary adventures continue with cabbage, beet and tomato soup. Let me know if you want the recipe!

Ray is fighting a fever tonight which tylenol has brought down for now. This is a prayer request for tonight. While fever is always a concern, this gave me a chance to talk to his doctor who said he's just another man with a fever right now given that his white blood cell counts are ok. My favorite comment from his doctor was when she answered my concern about tylenol with his liver with "His liver's FINE." Oh, I can't wait till Wednesday!

While I'm on our Wednesday doctor visit, I will tell you our prayer requests. We have been praying for results from the scan that are far beyond her expectations and ours too. We are hoping that this may even open up potential new treatments. Of course, we are praying for total healing! But that may take some time. In the meantime, as we meet with our doctor we are praying for wisdom, guidance, patience, and courage. We also have a ton of questions about things we've researched, and many practical things so we are looking for wisdom and guidance from her in many areas.

We cherish your prayers! Thank you for them. Their power is so clear to us. We know they keep us strong and free of fear.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13

not alone and not afraid --
kristin and ray