Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Happy Birthday

Loved Ones,

First, thank you for all of your birthday greetings. My greatest birthday present ever is your prayers for Ray.

And Ray is doing very well. No weight gain but I've been on him all day with foods so hopefully tomorrow. We are hoping for at least two pounds before chemo on Wednesday. Let me just say, I don't know too many people who would so willingly eat all the things that are put before them. There are even spices on the anti-cancer list so some things are pretty creative. He's the best.

Today was a good day. The girls had a special movie screening of "Molly, An American Girl" at dad's home theater in his room. They had a great time and want to know when they are getting a TV in their room.

We went to church, had some visitors and went out for ice cream. A big day! Several weeks ago Nora had said going to ice cream was the activity she most wanted to do this summer. Well, we can't do everything, but ice cream, we can do!

Everyone who sees Ray says how good he looks. And, he really does look good. We are so happy for every improvement. We depend on God for continued progress and healing.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."
Psalm 62:5-8

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray