Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Answered Prayer Part II

Loved Ones,

Today I was reminded of a movie, Broadcast News. In the movie, a reporter calls in with some facts that are repeated, almost in real time, on the news broadcast. He says, "Wow. I say it here, it comes out there."

That's what today felt like for me. I write it here, you guys pray, and it comes out here!

Ray gained weight today!! A pound and a half! We'll see how it goes tomorrow, but we are encouraged. We cut back a medicine that speeds digestion. Hoping that plus his better appetite might make a difference. We almost got in all the foods for the optimal cancer diet!

We also had nice moments with the girls today. Drawing all together in Ray's room, eating popsicles, going on a walk as a family. See what I mean? Didn't we just pray for this?

We can only imagine what is going on in Ray's body with all these prayers! Home health is slow with numbers but Ray looks good and feels a lot better. So we continue to be hopeful and we pray for miraculous healing without ceasing!

Here is our verse for tonight:

"Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray