Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Prayers and Praises

Loved Ones,

Ray had more energy today and we were able to spend more time with the girls, this evening walking to our neighborhood pool's ice cream night. That was great.

Ray's appetite has not yet returned to normal but he is doing his best.

With Nora beginning kindergarten in two weeks we are enjoying the rest of our summer! Trying to swim and play on the swingset as much as we can.

We continue our unswerving hope and prayers for Ray's total healing. That God would work miraculously through this chemo to heal Ray of cancer entirely.

We also continue to pray that Ray would stay free of illness and that his body -- platelets especially -- would be able to recover in time to continue treatment as scheduled. So far so good. He does not appear to be catching the girls viruses! Praise the Lord!

Last, we pray for wisdom and guidance in all things -- our time, our decisions, our family, Ray's treatments. We ask for perfect wisdom in all these things. And, for freedom from any anxiety or fear.

Lots of prayers. And we are comforted by our amazing God.

A few verses from Psalm 138:

"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart. When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life... with your right hand you save me. The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever." Psalm 138: 1,3,7,8

not alone and not afraid --
kristin and ray