Sunday, July 6, 2008

Prayers for This Week

Loved Ones,

Ray had another quiet day today. He had appetite for a few things and we know the end is in sight. He usually rebounds on Monday. So the Sunday after chemo is sometimes a matter of simply enduring until the better days of the following week.

Several weeks ago a good friend sent us a song. The song was How Firm a Foundation. The song closes with the lines:

"That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never no never no NEVER forsake."

I find this refrain goes through my mind often. Most days I am focused on the NEVER. When I was running Saturday morning, I felt the absolute confidence of it.

Today I felt the first line. There are days, often Ray's quieter days, where the anxiety and fear are stronger. Days where we miss our old life. Days where we feel tired.

On those days we are so thankful for the constant support of our friends and particularly our families. We could not do this without the tangible help and without the prayer support.

As we head into this week we have our eye on Ray's scan on Friday and on his 4th chemo round the following week. We know that this scan will give important guidance to our doctor who we will meet with before the fourth round. We are praying for clear evidence of a miracle -- progress beyond what is expected. Then, we pray for wisdom and guidance for us and for Ray's doctor on the path for continued healing. I send these prayers now because we know that even as he sleeps the chemo is still working in Ray's body. We pray that it works miraculously!

We are most thankful for our God who promises aid even when we are tired!!

"Come to me all you who are weary and heavy- laden and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray