Monday, June 16, 2008

Singing Praises for the Good Days

Loved ones --

I just have to report that today has us singing praises. What a wonderful day!!

Ray's sister Debbie and I were upstairs talking to Ray tonight and he just seemed like his old self. Talking so much! Smiling and laughing at the TV when I peek in!

Nora and I were praying this evening and she forgot to pray for her dad so I reminded her. She said, "Mom, he already seems well." Well Amen to that sister!

The progress from where we were one week ago is astounding. Truly! Praise the Lord! I do not know much about chemo or the power of one chemo treatment. But I do know about the power of prayer and I am giving credit where credit is due!!

Ray's next chemo treatment is this Wednesday. We are gearing up and he is psyched. We are praying for the chemo to have a miraculous impact -- eradicating the cancer from him completely! We are thrilled that the prayer service for Ray this week in DC will be during the time of the treatment. Thank you so much for these continued prayers!

In addition to all these things, we pray for continued strength -- it takes a lot of food to keep from losing weight! We also pray for continued safety from infection and other illnesses (especially with our germy kids! Lucy has a fever today!)

We know that there will be hard days and good days. We thank the Lord for the encouragement on the days that are harder. We praise him with all the more joy on the good days.

On that note, here are our verses for tonight:

"Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:1-5

not afraid and not alone --

kristin and ray