Friday, June 13, 2008

Perfect Care

Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 12:20 AM
Subject: Perfect Care
Loved ones,

Three good days! We are so happy to report that Ray had another good day with eating, drinking, energy and a visit with grade school friends. Even his nurse came and said that he didn't even need IV fluids. We are encouraged!

On the eve of the day that so many people will be praying, I wanted to share something with all of you.

Those of you who know me well know that I am a somewhat nervous and overprotective mother. When my kids have a sniffle or a cough, I am watching like a hawk. I want to protect them from any harm! And I am overly vigilant thinking that somehow if I can anticipate the harm, I may be able to save them from it.

Over the past year or so, God has shown me something. With each child, my own care for them has put them at risk. Not on purpose of course! But my own care, however vigilant, has not been enough.

In each and every case, God has protected my children. His care, has been far more perfect than my own, despite my very best efforts!

Here's what I know. God's care for Ray is perfect. And, as important, I can trust him to care for Ray.

We are so thankful for wonderful doctors, nurses and medicines to treat Ray and we are praying for them to be effective and powerful. However, our true prayer is for God's perfect and complete healing for Ray -- healing and care that far surpasses anything that any of us, any doctor, any medicine can supply.

We thank you so much for joining with us in prayer.

"Do not be terrified; do not be afraid... The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son..."Deuteronomy 1:29-31

not alone and not afraid --

kristin and ray